Very Valerie Ellis
Private Art Tuition
Feel like an artist deep down inside...but group classes are not for you? Tried online classes but realised you can't apply the ideas to your own work? Graduate to private tuition - visit a professional artist's studio by-appointment and be surrounded by inspiration. Get personalised instruction and full attention.
- Assessment of your current capacity
- Inspiring surroundings
- Personalised core art kits to take home - drawing, pastels or oil paints
- Explanation of art history and foundational art theory
- Tuition and practice to explore ideas, mediums and techniques
- Create specific pieces of work to push your development
- Personalised guidance keeping you on track
- Exclusive access and focus
- Therapeutic insights for personal growth
- Enjoy some time to yourself and experience real joy and creativity
Valerie Ellis is a talented artist who's developed her skills through dedicated practice. She'll carefully explain the specific ideas behind drawing and painting so you understand the world of art. You'll have your own space and your own art kits to explore and develop your practice. There'll be plenty of guidance. Valerie was also a psychotherapist for 20 years so there will be lots of therapeutic insights to fuel your personal, as well as artistic, growth.
Choose to focus on drawing, pastels or oil painting, representationally or abstractly. (That sequence is recommended)
Two-hour or three-hour blocks of tuition time. Located 10 minutes drive from Dorking town centre in Abinger Hammer - the studio is appointment-only.
Core art kits are provided when a three-hour block is purchased and more extensive kits can be customised for you to purchase. A range of equipment will be provided in the studio. Parking is conveniently located on-site. Disabled access. Bathroom facilities.